Here's an awesome opportunity to propel your career to the next level with an organization that has been operating a successful business for over 50 years, delivering excellent results for their customers and suppliers and forging solid partnerships along the way. You can be part of the success story and be part of the action, and see your career thrive in the process, as you work with this great team of people! It's a small team with very good opportunity for career growth, and the company offers a competitive compensation package with excellent employee benefits.
If you have good skills in Python, Java, C++ and SQL web development, come see how your skills and experience can really make a difference!
The Senior Programmer Analyst improves organizational processes and performance through Information Technology, and solves organizational information problems or exploits new opportunities by gathering requirements, designing, developing, testing, and deployment of software solutions. Works independently and as a member of a team to develop software and systems tailored to support business needs in Manufacturing, Logistics, Finance, and Supply Chain.
A LOOK AT WHAT THIS JOB ENTAILS...
• Designs and implements web services and integration points.
• Supports the accomplishment of business objectives by studying business functions, gathering relevant information, evaluating and documenting business requirements.
• Designs and implements software systems based on requirements; designs and implements interfaces between systems; constructs workflow charts and diagrams; studies system capabilities; writes specifications; writes software code.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, trains users, installs, and maintains software.
• Improves existing systems or processes by assessing the current state and recommending and implementing feasible alternative solutions.
• Modifies and configures purchased software based on user requirements; can articulate the capabilities and limitations of purchased software solutions.
• Participates in code reviews; provides feedback to all levels of the organization on code quality.
• Prepares technical reports and instructional manuals.
• Prepares project-phase plans and implementation schedules, plans and conducts meetings and workshops relative to these project plans, and communicates project status reporting to IT management.
• Ensures that projects remain on track by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
• Applies current technology or researches and acquires new technical knowledge to complete moderate to complex projects.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental project teams and may work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Acts as a liaison with users and management.
• Conducts or coordinates quality assurance testing when needed.
• Provides on-call support during off-hours when needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Science or Engineering plus 5 years of experience in programming analysis, software engineering or software development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, or 7+ years of experience as a Programmer Analyst reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration is a plus!
• Demonstrated proficiency in enterprise application integration design and deployment including developing REST APIs and related frameworks (e.g. django).
• Understanding of security frameworks for authenticating web-based services (e.g. oauth, oauth2).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• SQL (MSSQL, Oracle)
• Stored Procedures (T-SQL, PL-SQL).
• Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, intermediate MS Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Experience with TCP/IP networks.
• Willingness / ability to provide on-call support, when necessary.
• Demonstrates strong initiative, self-motivation, and commitment to the job.
LOCAL CANDIDATES HIGHLY PREFERRED.