Join a team of leading experts in enterprise data platforms focused on innovative cloud computing applications. Must have technical experience in databases, data warehousing, and SQL. The Sr. Sales Engineer
will work hand-in-hand with Sales, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help us bring our first product to market and grow the company. You will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make our customers successful. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, and understanding of big data. Must have excellent customer-facing skills to communicate our vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation. Responsibilities:
- Present our technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers. Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of this technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position our company in relation to them
- Work collaboratively with team
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Proven success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; experience identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
- Experience with large-scale database technology such as Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, and Greenplum.
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (Hadoop, HBase, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (Microstrategy, BigQuery, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
This startup, now in their 5th year, is continuing to increase market share with its automatic provisioning and data sharing that draws on large-scale database technology.MUST BE U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits, bonus structure.