Working at Spencer’s will be fun, challenging, fast-paced and rewarding. We are a motivated, energized and dynamic culture that is dedicated to supporting our team with the productive tools and efficient resources necessary to achieve our challenging objectives. Success will be shared by our team of results-driven and principled associates.
We offer the following benefits:
- 30% discount on merchandise
- competitive salary
- career advancement
- an excellent benefits package including Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay, Medical/Dental/Disability/Life and AD&D insurance & 401k.
The Sr. SQL Developer will be responsible for SQL application development, maintenance, and data integration, as well as all ETL functions to integrate with new data sources. This individual must be flexible to perform varying related tasks as the needs arise and be able to work as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities including building software applications utilizing SQL. The individual must be experienced working with IBM’s DB2 SQL on an iSeries (AS400) or MS SQL Server environment. All SQL will be developed and maintained on an IBM iSeries utilizing GUI tools.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 yrs. Complex SQL and embedded SQL required. Must have Senior level SQL Development skills, ability to write SQL Queries, create, tune, and debug SQL Code utilizing complex tables, statements, functions, and joins.
- The skill set required for this position is eclectic in that it will initially require strong traditional iSeries, DB2, and SQL skills but will morph over the coming years into more modern programming technologies such as C#/.net and ETL technologies and possibly additional platforms.
- Experience with table creation and design.
- Experience with integration testing in the SQL environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required.
- Experience with XSD/XML files is a plus.
- Demonstrates hands-on experience in full development life cycle of software applications.
- 3-4 yrs. CL experience on an iSeries is desirable.
- Experience in Retailing and Logistics is desirable.
- Experience with the following is desirable: WebServices, SEQUEL Reporting Tool, RDi Developer Software, Turnover Change Management software, AQT (Advanced Query Tool), OS/400 Operating System, ROBOT iSeries Scheduler.
- Able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work either in a team environment or work independently as needed.
- Able to maintain control in stressful situations and be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in various forms and dealing with abstract and concrete variables is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All essential duties and responsibilities listed below must be performed as assigned and within specified timelines.
- Write high-quality source code to provide the required functionality for a given assignment. The source code may be required to be written in SQL, CL, or XML.
- Create detailed test plans for unit testing and integration testing.
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
- Participate in the creation of functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Participate in identifying individual steps and tasks for the creation of an overall project plan.
- Evaluate existing source code to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation to accurately represent the design and functionality of the process.
- Create data mapping documentation for system interfaces.
- Consult with the users for clarification of functions to be automated, objectives, desired features, report structure, and interface mapping.
- Proficient use of AQT (Advanced Query Tool or similar GUI database retrieval tool), RDi (Rational Developer for iSeries), Sequel Viewpoint, Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional (or other FTP Client application), iSeries OS and DB2 relational database concepts.
- Participate in general problem definition and resolution activities. Analyze existing system logic and provide practical solutions.
- Participate in the application on-call support rotation.
- Participate in the data upload responsibilities.