Mar 13, 2017
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information visit: www.textron.com.
About Textron Systems
Textron Systems businesses are industry leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services. Textron Systems’ businesses consist of Advanced Information Solutions, Electronic Systems, Geospatial Solutions, Lycoming Engines, Marine & Land Systems, Support Solutions, Unmanned Systems, Weapon & Sensor Systems and TRU Simulation + Training.
Textron Systems Electronic Systems designs and develops test and simulation hardware and software for Electronic Warfare (EW) applications. This includes systems used on the flight line, range or in a lab to simulate enemy radar or missile threats for the purpose of testing aircraft sensors and electronics, or for training a pilot. High fidelity software and hardware design is required to accurately simulate threats in an ever evolving and expanding electromagnetic threat environment. Software Engineers design, code, and maintain applications in various software languages. The candidate provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. The candidate will develop, enhance and maintain software code as assigned and will contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects.
• Solves problems which are varied, may be related to multiple issues, and may not be clear. If no precedent exists, complex problems may require research and analysis of alternatives involving many factors.
• May independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Contributes to and/or ensures the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. • Reports status including schedule progress and problems/issues.
• Designs, codes, and maintains applications in various software languages under little supervision. • Embedded programming (C/C++) for Microcontrollers or FPGAs.
• Graphical User Interface programming (C++ with WPF).
• Writing interface control documents, specifications and test procedures for your designs is expected.
• Working closely with hardware in a lab setting, and debugging using lab equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope).
Requirements: • BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 5+ years experience. • Intermediate understanding of Programming Languages (C#, C++, Java, etc.), Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, General Developer Tools, Database (SQL), Data Formats (XML), Coding Standards, UML, Software Development Lifecycle. • Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative. • Experience with .NET 4.0+ and C#. • Proficient with Visual Studio 2010 and later. • Experience with Object Oriented Design. • Familiar with Windows Presentation Foundation. • Ability to obtain a U.S. secret clearance is a must. You will be part of highly skilled team and need to interface with other team members, including those of other engineering disciplines. Additional job duties could include systems level requirements analysis, design, and proposal input. You may also be involved in system testing for products you’re involved with and aid with fielding and/or training of the customer.
Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, MD, United States